Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec Seville

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DBOlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently bought a house and found a pair of Altec Seville's built into wall panels in large room. They sound very nice. The house was built in 1976 and I think they were likelly installed then. The cabinets are perfect. I have found literature on the drivers,but not much on the overall system. Questions in my mind include: are the caps in the network likely degraded? and are the LF surrounds likely degraded? I havent opened them up -- I'm enjoying the music in the large room they are installed. I would like to learn about them.
    Doug

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DBOlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me again. Does anyone have the N-3000 network circuit?
    Doug

  3. #3
    Inactive Member JoMoCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2009
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation Re: Altec Seville N-3000 Crossover

    Here is some info courtesy of Zilch & Gogofast. I just recently aquired the empty cabs from Gogofast and will be refinishing & reloading them although probably not with the stock crossover or stock minihorn.

    [ame=http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1686198#post1686198]Altec N-3000F XO rebuild. - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums[/ame]

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Seville


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Altec Seville

    If you have the component specs, you pretty much have the system specs.

    The surrounds are not likely degraded. It is good practice to every few years rotate the LF speaker 180 degrees, ie put what side was down up. Gravity pulling on a loosely suspended cone can have the same effect it has on human bodies when we get older...things can sag.

    Rotating it will pull it back to center. Or at least that's the idea...

    It's a nice sounding system, the only caveat I would suggest not massively overpowering, the HF unit is fragile and expensive to repair...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.